Saturday, July 11, 2009

Thought Beach

I stand
At the edge of the cliff
With the cool summer breeze embracing my body
And the warm sunset slowly fading from view
So stand, I do
And at this very moment
thats all it seems I can do
Physically, I just seem to be planted
At the edge of the cliff
overlooking the ocean
inhaling it's beautifully distinct scent
with my shirt tail flowing in the breeze
and the sunset making my shadow as big as my dreams
Yet, mentally I can't stay still
Thoughts insist on washing up on the shore of my mind
Leaving me possibililites, endless
and questions
thus answers to find.

I close my eyes and imagen this scene
I'd like to call it "Thought Beach"
For me, its a place where God can directly teach
And so I ask . . . "God, How do I succeed?"
Suddenly the sun sets,
the ocean stops roaring,
and my eyelids part
Back on the cliff
Back where I start
And again I stand.

The summer breeze now whispers. . .
Look to the sky..
Higher...
Higher....
Above my head
the clouds seemingly form a message. . .
Squinting I read:
You have a brain. . .
You have a heart. . .
So to succeed,
thats all you need.

Head back leveled
I can't help but smile
Because thats not what I would have guessed
His answer would be.
Its too obvious for me...
Its amazing,
you never know what God can make you see
After taking a walk along Thought Beach.

Thank you God.

1 comment:

  1. w0w i really like thiss...very meaningful and deliberate!!

    ReplyDelete