Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Dark of Thought

Away from the light of day
and into the dark of night.
The dark of thought.

I realize that it is I who holds the key to my future
I could be a fool and become a tool
for mainstream America
to be used and abused, bagged and dragged through the mud
for the course of my life.
Or I could choose to remain on the ladder of success.
Living and breathing, enjoying every step along the way

I could end up in the gutter
without a stick of butter to flavor my toast
Or I could lead the toast
at an important social gathering
Surrounded by those who chose to remain on the ladder

Don't just listen to what I'm saying, hear me
Understand that if I can do it, you can do it, we can do it
together.
If when we all arrive at the forks in the road
we choose to remain on the ladder

Yeah so what, you never jump off course to enjoy and experiment
With life episodes of what are perceived as fun
but understood as doom.
Once your feet hit the ground its most difficult to jump back on the ladder
because those life episodes are a part of a sitcom with infinite seasons
That keep you locked, doomed, planted, dazed where you stand!

Now, with the ladder there is consistent upward mobility
Though some would say "the sky is the limit"
I'd say why stop at the sky when we've already reached the moon
You see, what I'm saying is don't settle so soon.
If they say you have a one in a million chance
you say I'm...that...one!

You hold the key to your future.
And that I realized...
Away from the light of day
And into the dark of night.
The dark of thought.

1 comment:

  1. w0w this is really inspirational! i live this one its my favoritee

    ReplyDelete